Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8300
My Carrier: ok

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone #)

Salut, vous pouvez résoudre ce problème en désactivant la rubrique protection du contenus, c'est dans menu>option>options de securite>parametre generaux>Protection du contenu == desactiver

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 4
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone #)

Hi,

I hav tried all the solutions mentioned but to no avail. Please help me out as only no is displayed when sumone calls but their name is displayed in the recent call list. How ever this is happening with a few contacts only.

Help Help Help.

Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

rajatvadera wrote:

I hav tried all the solutions mentioned but to no avail. Please help me out as only no is displayed when sumone calls but their name is displayed in the recent call list. How ever this is happening with a few contacts only..

Go through the steps in the second post in this thread.

What didn't work?

Are you POSITIVE you have those settings correct?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I have done all the step except step 3 as my encryption is already OFF. Plz help...

You don't have ask again "plz help", doesn't it appear that I am trying?

So, could  you first start by stating clearly what model # BlackBerry you have (not just Bold 4, the actual number?

And, What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

BB model no 9900
V7.1.0.342 platform 5.1.0.267
Bundle 7.1

Yes one of those suggestions above will if followed correctly.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

The above suggestions have not worked. Now I had taken the backup of my contacts through blackberry protect and security wiped my phone . Now I have restored my contacts . But still the problem exists.
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930

Try under options> Security>encryption

rajatvadera wrote:
The above suggestions have not worked. Now I had taken the backup of my contacts through blackberry protect and security wiped my phone . Now I have restored my contacts . But still the problem exists.

So, would you please tell us here exactly how you have configured those settings as stated above?

Knowledge Base Updates