Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone #)

ballerina wrote:
My Z10 says my phone has the latest update (10.0.9.348). I still have this issue. Blackberry, this is a big problem. I am ready to switch to another device if this does not get fixed. Any solution???

That is not the latest update. You should be able to get 10.0.10.90, I believe.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone #)

And how do I do that if my phone cannot get the latest update? I check for updates at least 2ce a day and it tells me I have the latest version. What do I do? This is very frustrating.

Follow the directions here:  How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS

Except that you FIRST need to remove your SIM card beforte the process.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I have a mac.

You'll need a PC, as those directions state.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

So, Blackberry does not have phone updates for those with mac computers? Is that what you mean?

No, I didn't say that. Please don't play a game of trying put words in my mouth.

1. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration. I am a user just like you, trying to help you.0

2. If you are on an offical Z10 carrier, they will push updates to your device when they release the update. I don't know about Etisalat. You might inquire with them.

3. If you are not, you have other options. On your Mac, install Link, and use the Settings > Reload OS button.

4. If that doesn't work, you have my outline above.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thanks for your help. Every time I reload on my mac, the status bar freezes and does not wake up. I managed to get the new update and my OS is 10.0.10.738 but the Caller ID situation is still not fixed.
Contributor

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Wataniya

You need 10.0.10.82 or newer update. If you can not run link on your mac, use another mac or pc. Or you can take it to the nearest BB authorized shop and they can fix it for you.