08-10-2010 10:13 AM
There could be any one of three solutions... Try these:
1. Make sure you set your own country code at Phone Dialer Screen > Options > Smart dialing.
Set your country code in this format: "+xx" where xx = your country code. Some countries have two or three digit Country Codes. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* In the US, set this Country Code as "+1", and place your loca area code in the proper box (this normally the default setting in a new BB).
2. At the same location, change the National Number Length to the number of digits for your country (since some countries will have less than 10 as set as the default in the BB). Find out the total digits, minus the country code. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* For example, some countries have a total number to 8 (plus 3 for country code). You would enter "8".
3. You may have "Content Protection" set on your Address Book.
Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
09-01-2010 08:18 PM
I am having the same problem.
I have changed it to +1 for Canada
and 10 digit for national number length
and for some reason I could not find option > security > general setting > content protection....
still getting unknown caller.
09-03-2010 06:29 AM
Solved the problem....
For some reason blackberry 9520 does not support a feature from Fido or Roger network called Name Display (bundle with Caller ID)
To solve this issue, simply call them and tell them to disable the Name Display and still enable the Caller ID function.
Hope this help for everybody who has the same problem.