Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8350
My Carrier: Nextel

Caller ID won't show name, only number!

Hello;

I have the Curve 8350.  I upgraded today to 5.0., and had some problems, that I did rectify.

However, now I have a new problem. On incoming calls, my caller ID only shows the number, not the name. Before I upgraded, the name and number would show from the address book.

I have searched the forums, and tried the different ideas, but none worked. Most of my contacts had the prefix *82 to disable my blocked number.  When I delete the *82 from the numbers in the address book, the name and number appear in caller id.  However, when I put the *82 back into the number, only the number shows on caller id, not the name.  The *82 is making the caller id not recognize the names.

It worked fine in the previous version of the OS, but for some reason, not in 5.0.

I read in another forum to add a second number for the contact in the address book, without the *82.  This seems kind of "Mickey Mouse" and would like a real solution.