02-27-2011 06:32 PM
I have the Curve 8350. I upgraded today to 5.0., and had some problems, that I did rectify.
However, now I have a new problem. On incoming calls, my caller ID only shows the number, not the name. Before I upgraded, the name and number would show from the address book.
I have searched the forums, and tried the different ideas, but none worked. Most of my contacts had the prefix *82 to disable my blocked number. When I delete the *82 from the numbers in the address book, the name and number appear in caller id. However, when I put the *82 back into the number, only the number shows on caller id, not the name. The *82 is making the caller id not recognize the names.
It worked fine in the previous version of the OS, but for some reason, not in 5.0.
I read in another forum to add a second number for the contact in the address book, without the *82. This seems kind of "Mickey Mouse" and would like a real solution.