Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330/US Cellular
Accepted Solution

Caller ID works sometimes

I have Curve 8330 and I am having problem with caller id.  It works whenever it wants too.  People who call me are in my address book, so when they call me their names should appear, but most of the time they don't -- only randomly. Why?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Caller ID works sometimes

So let me ask. Every time "Bob" calls his name shows up. But when "Sarah" calls her name does not. OR is it sometimes Bob shows up and sometimes not? If it is the first situation where a particular caller never shows up it may be put in your address book incorrectly. You have to save it with the area code attached before the number for it to show up on the caller ID.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Contributor

it doesn't matter who calls, sometimes Bob will appear and the next time just be his no. appear and the number is the same as in my phonebook.  i noticed that the phone automatically will add 1 to my phone numbers.  so i even went to the phone book and added 1 to all the numbers and still only show people names randomly.
Forums Advisor III

Go into your call log icon. Click the menu key and select options. Then select smart dialing. Is your area code set correctly?
Contributor

Yes, the area code is correct.  What I forgot to tell you is this, that even though the name does not show on screen when ringing but on the phone log/history it always show the name, always.  ps

Forums Advisor III

How long has this been happening? How old is the phone? And have you tried a battery pull? And just for fun can you click on your options icon and then on status and post your file free and file total numbers? Thanks. Sorry for all the questions.
My Device: Not Specified

Hey are you using the lock and password feature. If The lock is on it will only show the number. This way it hides your information from your address book just incase the phone rings. Only the number will show. The name and number will show if the lock is not on. Same for ringtones. Turn the lock off and all your information should show up at all times.....
Contributor

I just got this phone maybe less than a month.  File free 30747267 and File total 83623936.
Contributor

Yes, I lock and password protect my phone.  I just tested with and without lock my phone and sure enough just as you said.  Would it be the same if you just locking key but not using password?
Contributor

ok, so I went to Security/password/content protection I say NO to address book to see if this will help even when phone is locked with password.