Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

Caller id pictures are small

When I get a call the picture on my caller id is about the size of a postage stamp. Is there any way to make the pictures show up bigger? Some of the picture were off of my computer and they were 8X10 pictures so I wouldn't think that it would be because my pictures were too small. I would appreciate any help I can get since this is also my first smartphone so I am still learning.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Caller id pictures are small

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You'll need a third party app, I'm not aware of an option to change the crop size.

I know of an app "PictureID" by Toysoft listed for .$3.99 USD in AppWorld.

I'm not endorsing it as I haven't used it, and I'm sure there are other apps as well.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

I have tried the apps like that but none of the picture id apps will work because the blackberry torch is not supported. I was told before I bought my BB that with caller id picture would be a fullscreen pic.

I figured that I would ask here before having to spend $50 for tech support from BB.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

HI,

Who exactly told you the pictures would be full size?

I would like to learn more about this feature, do you have a link?

It's certainly your decision to  spend $50.00 dollars or test the free trial of PictureID v.3.1

I have no association with either Toysoft or RIM, I'm a user just like yourself.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

PictureID v3.1 for BlackBerry OS5 and OS6

PictureID v3.1 for BlackBerry OS5 and OS6 Beautiful full screen picture caller ID for the BlackBerry.  You can easily identify the caller.  Assign different picture ID for different contacts.  Assign picture for callers not in your pictureID list and picture for unknown callers.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cdalton wrote:

I was told before I bought my BB that with caller id picture would be a fullscreen pic.

In the native operating system, there is no full screen picture caller ID on the torch.

Don't waste $50 bucks calling RIM technical support on that issue.

A third party app as Bifocals has said, is your only hope of finding this.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code