Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calling international numbers from inside the contact list

We have a BB 8800 with the full list of contacts of the company inside. The tel numbers are stored as international names (that is with international prefix +39, +49, +1, etc) even for the national numbers. When we call a number for example +39 031 12345678 the number actually composed by the phone is +39 31 12345678 and this is not working of course. Somebody can help me ?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Calling international numbers from inside the contact list

This happeneing due to the fact that you're dialing without the leading '0' ZERO digit right after the country code. In reality this should be typed in +39 031 12345678...but you've composed +39 (zero is missing) 31 12345678.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

maybe I did not explain correctly. The problem is that the numbers are STORED on the memory as +39 031 12345678 with the "0" written but when composing the zero is not dialed and the telephone does actually dial +39 31 12345678.
Regular Contributor

On the phone, press the Phone Key, then Menu, Options.  Go to Smart Dialing and check that the correct Country Code is set and then the National Number Length is set.  Looks like it should be 13 for your setup.
New Contributor

Hi. Again on the same problem! I cannot find any "smart dialing" inside "options" on my italian version. I just have a voice dialing but this is something else and there are no setting like you say. The sw versione is 4.2.1.108. Can you give me more details on this setting ?

Many thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310 version 4.2

I have the same problem.  Tried your solution (change country code and higher number of digits).  Didn't work.  Still dials the stored number without dialing the leading zero.

Seems impossible that you would need to do this every time you want to try and call a different country!!  Must be some other setting you need to change

New Contributor
My Device: 8310

The phone removes by default the 0 after the country code, this is particulrly annoying for Italian numbers because you need that 0 for land lines. 

click the green phone key, then Options->Smart Dialing menu 

Set the National Number Lenght to 11 and it will work....well it works for me, I can call all the Italian numbers and it still works with other international numbers.

cheers

New Contributor
My Device: 8310

...the other options are:

1) store all the Italian numbers with a double zero : e.g.  +39 0055 12345678 instead of +39 055 12345678

0r better

2) disable the stupid "Smart Dialing" by setting : Country code = unknown  Number lenght = 0

hope it helps

rp