Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Simple Mobile

Calls when to mute automatically when upgrading to OS6 on BB 9700

On 11/25/11 I connected as my BB9700 to BB desktop manager to do a routine backup. Immediately I was advised I needed to upgrade my OS from 5.0 to 6.0 so I did it. The phone work perfect 3 days, on 11/28/11. All my calls inbound and outbound when to mute automatically.

I called my carrier and they told me it was a BB issue and I needed to contact them. I called them and they wanted to charged me $49.99 for tech support but after I explained what happened they told me they will help me without paying as a courtesy. I started phone / computer support @ 9:30 am. Installing and uninstalling the OS then the desktop manager, testing , diagnostics, etc (incident # 24082023).

I talked with 3 different tech support reps I told them I wanted to downgrade back to OS 5.0 and they told me several times that if I do that they will not be able to diagnose correctly the issue. At about 6:30 pm they finally agreed to downgrade to OS 5.0 and I had my BB working again. I was reading different forums on the internet and I am not the only one with this problem. My question is when I will be able to download OS 6.0 without having these kind of issues/ bugs. Is RIM working on this issue?

Thanks for help.