Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5

Camera Error Storm2 9550

Sigh...  I have become victim to the camera error "Could not start camera.  Close other applications and try opening the camera again."  I've tried battery pulls and all sorts of other tricks to no avail.  I can't wipe the phone and start over because I run a macbook with snow leopard 10.6 (Desktop Manager doesn't work and usb won't recognize the phone).  Can't just have Verizon replace it because it's almost 2 years old and no longer under contract.  Might as well just buy a new phone but don't really have the means to.  I'm not sure if it's some issue with an app I downloaded (I deleted a bunch of the apps I had recently downloaded with no success) or if something disconnected when it was dropped.  Pressing on the lense doesn't seem to do anything.  Anyone have a similar issue and find a solution?  I'm likely to be stuck with this phone for a while yet.  

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Camera Error Storm2 9550

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Reboot the device in safe mode if you think a third party device is at fault

Run the Device Self Test if you suspect a hardware issue.

KB16037 Using the Self Test application on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5

Re: Camera Error Storm2 9550

Thanks for the suggestions.  The only thing I can figure is that it's a hardware issue that happened after a drop.  Oh well.  I'm ditching the storm2 in a month anyway.