Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Camera & Video

I'm having trouble with my camera and video on my Storm.  When I open the camera it says "Could not start the camera.  Close other applications and try opening the camera again."  So I exited out of Facebook and Google Talk because those are the only applications I can find/figure out are running.... Does any have any suggestions? 

As per the video camera- I click it to open, it opens and then immediately closes again. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Camera & Video

I would make sure that you actually exit the programs, best practice is to reboot your phone and then start the camera before anything else starts.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

would i do that by turning the phone off and taking out the battery and then restarting it?
Visitor

So I am having crazy problems from the camera. When took my first few pictures my pic resolution was set at 2048 and the pic resolution was fine. However it has randomly downsized itself and now the pics are only 640x480. 

No matter how many times i set it. I even went Microsoft on it and restarted the phone and then reformatted the media card because was reaching for straws really.  

I'm having the same problem. My firmware version is 4.7.0.76.
Highlighted

I had issues with my camera not working so I shut it down, then removed and replaced the battery. It now works fine. It's a pain, but it worked for me.