Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Camera and Pictures

i just bought a blackberry 830. i have beeen tryin to figure it out over the past day. one thing ive noticed is that when you take a picture and delete it, the number of pictures remaining still go down. why would this happen and is there a way to resolve it? i have no pictures save and when i took a pix earlier today it went from 31 to 30 even after deleting it.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Camera and Pictures

I believe it is counting the preloaded pictures as well as your. I would suggest buying a media car, and keeping your pictures on there. This will free up your device memory.

Please specify phone and operating system  OPTIONS-ABOUT- should look like 4.x.x.xxx.

And I'll tell you what kind of media card (size) you can get.

Okay?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

i have a blackberrycurve 8310 version 4.2.2.170(platform 2.5.0.30). i plan on buyin a memory card but not until i get the money. but i just find it weird that the amont of pics left to take keeps going down when i am not saving any of the pictures i am taking.
Guru I

You can put a 4gb card in your 8310. With OS 4.5 you can use 8gb. If you're saving money for the card, by the 8gb and put it in your 4.2 device, it will only recognize 4gb, but when you upgrade, you won't have to buy another card!

What indicator are you using that tells you that the pictures are going down? Where are you looking specifically?

Thanks!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

im lookin at the number at the bottom of the screen while i have the camera open. its to the left of the zoom circle in the middle but left of the flash indicator. how would i get the upgrade? what are those cards runnin in price?
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Does it have an x by it and go from 5x to 3x to 1x?

I have a media card, so my number on the right of the flash stands for how many pics remain. Mine stays at two hundred, maybe with out a media card that number would decrease as the camera does not count memory used nut number of snaps taken. Make sense?

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-24-2008 05:33 PM

New Contributor

no the number like 1x 2x 5x is to the right next to if the flash was on auto. the number im talkin bout is to the left of the center. it goes down after everytime i take a pic even if i delete it. how would i get the update to 4.5 on the phone?
Guru I

Please tell me what carrier you have.

Thanks

New Contributor

i have ATT
Highlighted
Guru I

Version 4.5 is the newest OS for BB devices. It has been release to the carriers to test.

I would wait untill ATT releases it officially. There are numerous post's that say you will not be supported on OS 4.5 untill they release it. That wasy you have a "clean" supported version

Here is the site for ATT bb downloads:

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/solutions/email-messaging/email-blackberry.jsp

If this answers your questions, please take a minute and resolve the post.

Thanks!