Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: unlocked

Camera not working properly on Torch

Hi

I have bought the Torch 9800 sim free from carphonewarehouse 3 days ago - the camera stopped working and i thought i had damaged in some way or though i had no idea how - i found this forum and after some tips have found that the camera works if its in face detection mode but it will not work in any other mode, the video camera works fine - i'm glad i found this forum as i thought i was going mad - i am going to take the phone back to carphonewarehouse tomorrow and was thinking of getting the Bold 9780 instead, as this model was my second choice but i have seen on the forums that the camera glitch may be due to OS 6 - i wondered if anybody knew this to be true and if you have a Bold 9870 do you have the same camera issues?

thank you

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Camera not working properly on Torch

Welcome to the forums!

I had four Torches and never had a problem with the camera.  Try another one, or try the 9780.  Both great devices.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: unlocked

hi

thanks for the reply - this is already my second one (forgot to put that lol) so i think i may well go with the bold 9780 thanks

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bite

I have bold 9780 and I have that same problem. Don't know why. Maybe this is becouse of new OS 6.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

I have both phone models. The Torch is a better phone for versatility, and especially for looking at sites on the web.

Your problem may be something in the OS became corrupted. I would just get the phone exchanged.  I have a
Torch working on OS 6, and have no issues with the camera, or anything.

I use the camera a lot. I leave the flash set to be on all the time. I found this improved the camera performance.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 Smartphone
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I received my Blackberry Torch 9800 yesterday.

Took a while for all the software to upgrade to the latest versions.

Then I had a Upgrade come through for OS 6.0  bundle 2534 (v6.0.0.570). 

This caused me no nd of problems with the phone freezing non stop and problems with email management/setup.

I down graded earlier today back to OS that was on my phone when I received it.

I do have the problem with the camera not working, except when setting changed from Auto to Face Detection.

But now it works so that will do me until these glitches are fixed.

AngelinaB