Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Camera not working

The video camera works but the Camera on the BB doesnt. when i pull up the camera application i get a message after a second that says "Could not start the Camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." I dont know how you "close" other applications but this seems really odd and i hope its not a hardware problem. Other applications work just fine. I have been experincing this problem for awhile but i cant pin point exactly how long. Any suggestions? should i talk to AT&T? Thanks!
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Camera not working

Try resetting the device, with the phone turn on, take out the battery for 30 seconds and reinstall it again, let me know
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

IT TOOK ME AWHILE BUT THIS IS WHAT WORRKED FOR ME. I BACKED UP MY PHONE AND REINSTALLED UPDATED SOFTWARE FROM YOUR PHONE CARRIER, AS EACH CARRIER HAS IOTS OWN, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WITH DIFFERENT TWEAKS. ONCE I HAVE DONE THAT I DOPWNLOADED THE NEW "CARRIER SOFTWARE" ONTO MY DESK TOP. RUN THE PROGRAM THEN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. FOR SAFETY I RESETED THE PHONE TWICE. GET RID OF ANY SECOND PARTY CAMERA SOFTWARE AS THEY TEND TO TAKE OVER THE CAMERA FUNCTIONS. WHEN ALL WAS SAID AND DONE IT WORKED. ALSO GET RID OF PHOTOS NOT IN USE AS THEY HOG UP MEMORY AS WELL. I HOPE THIS HELPS. 6 WEEKS AND FIINALLY MY CAMERA AND VIDOE WORKS.

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Just to clarify what nyserge said, a software update might be helpful! What OS are you running?

Also to close applications, hold down the BB menu button, to the left of trackpad/ball, and see what apps are running. The 4 compulsory ones should be, Browser, Home, Phone and Messages. To close any non compulsory ones, click on the app to go into it, press menu and scroll down to Close. This is the only way to fully close an app, pressing the red "end call" button, just minimizes it and will continue to use memory!
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Also I apologise if I do not reply straight away, it is late here! We are all volunteers who must also eat, sleep and live so I may be asleep if you reply!
Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TelCel

Thanks for your tip- it worked! So far, at least! Have only had my phone a week and other than a slow OS, this is the only issue i have had. Thanks again!