Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Camera on Bold keeps opening by mistake:

On the lower right side of the Bold there is a key which opens the camera feature, and does so ready to click the trackball to take a picture.  This feature keeps opening on me unintentially.  I am assuming it is because I mistakenly hold that side clicker too tightly.

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Can one lock that specific function key or clicker on the phone's side without locking the entire keyboard/phone, thus requiring me to either unlock it, or to enter the camera function by multiple clicks thru the appropriate icon on the screen?

Apparently you can change the side key's function from camera to some other feature, but I do not know how.  If this is the case does anyone have any suggestions as to what Bold functionality might work well for that side key that won't screw things up should I mistakenly hit the side key or clicker?  And how do you do it (though I'm sure I'll find it eventually)?

Other?

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Camera on Bold keeps opening by mistake:

You can change that side convenience key to anything you like, almost, at Options > Screen/Keyboard. Scroll down until you see the look at the options to what will fit you best.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thank you.  That did the trick.  Now I just have to decide which function to set that right side convenience key for, the left side convenience key as well for that matter.

As a side note, I am getting better at not accidently clicking that convenience key currently set for camera.

Contributor

Just as an idea, most people I know set the left convenience key to lock the keyboard. That's the way the old BB's used to be set up by default, and old habits die hard.
Contributor

I am new to Blackberry and to the Bold and so find these posts very helpful  Is there a way that when the LH convenience key is set to application switcher to choose which 5 applications it shows?  I don't use the messenger and I can get to the phone from the phone key so I would prefer to have say the video camera there instead of it being buried a couple of levels down.  Thanks.