Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

Camera problem: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again" error.

Device info

Your carrier: Etisalat

Model info and OS version (Go to Settings, then Options, then about): Bold 9900, OS 7.1

Apps and free space

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

Apps installed and their version if possible: BBM, Facebook, Twitter, App world, Screen muncher.

BT device model/version (you will have to look at the BT device): (Sorry, don't know what this is).

When writing your question

Any other details that would help us out with your issue:

Good description of what is really wrong and how to reproduce if possible. Details of what you did before:

What is worth a thousand words

I simply open the camera and a pop up saying "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again" appears and only lets me press okay. 

Memory seems to be okay, can't figure out what it may be.

Please, how can I fix this? Any help is appriciated.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, Playbook
My Carrier: U-Mobile

Re: Camera problem: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again" error.

In this case jest try to format your device n c. If it still cant work its better for you to send your device for warranty.

New Contributor

Re: Camera problem: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again" error.

Any way I can do this without losing BBM contacts?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

polo3400 wrote:

Device info

Your carrier: Etisalat

Model info and OS version (Go to Settings, then Options, then about): Bold 9900, OS 7.1

Apps and free space

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

Apps installed and their version if possible: BBM, Facebook, Twitter, App world, Screen muncher.

BT device model/version (you will have to look at the BT device): (Sorry, don't know what this is).

When writing your question

Any other details that would help us out with your issue:

Good description of what is really wrong and how to reproduce if possible. Details of what you did before:

What is worth a thousand words

I simply open the camera and a pop up saying "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again" appears and only lets me press okay. 

Memory seems to be okay, can't figure out what it may be.

Please, how can I fix this? Any help is appriciated.

Hi polo3400,

Read this article "Could not launch camera application" error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartp...

Thanks!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, Playbook
My Carrier: U-Mobile

You jest need to plug your phone to your computer and then backup all your data before doing a format then when you restore the data jest dont restore all your options and setting.

This backup wont include your application

New Contributor

Alrighty I suppose there isn't really any other way. I'll do it this week and give feedback to whether is has worked or not.

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: At&T

I had the same problem with my Bold and tried everything until out of frustration i just clicked the center picture taking button before the "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again" message came up and believe it or not that solved the problem. Works fine now!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you, that's a brilliant fix, in India we'd call it "Jugaar" .... works like magic now !
My Device: blackberry 8320 curve
My Carrier: blackberry support

Have the same problem how can I get fixed
My Device: blackberry 8320 curve
My Carrier: blackberry support

Have this problem when opening the camera it says "close all application and try opening camera again". What can I do?