Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: PCCW

Camera problems

Hi,

I have had my Torch for a couple of months now, and have the same problem i have been reading a lot of others have had - the camera only loads intermittently - sometimes it will load with a blank screen, sometimes with the controls at the bottom, sometimes without. If I close and reload a few times, sometimes it will work. If it is working and i close the camera and try to reload sometimes it doesn't work...

Its amazingly frustrating - sometimes you miss the moment and stand there closing and reloading while the picture you want passes by.

Has there been a way to fix this?????

I'm amazed that so many people seem to report it, and RIM have not fixed. Video camera seems to work fine.

Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

Re: Camera problems

[ Edited ]

I had this prob when I first got my Torch, as well as having those static-lines going across the screen as if I had just lost a TV signal. LOL Sometimes I couldn't exit out of camera to try & start over, but I did notice that the lock/unlock button did a faster job of making the screen "catch up" so that it would show what I was looking at & be able to take a pic quickly.

I swore it was a camera malfunction until I tried using the lock/unlock button to reset the screen. That's when I believed it was more of a memory issue. I changed the settings of my other apps (those that stay loaded in the background or are monitoring stuff)...and while I was at it, I went ahead & installed the latest OS that I was putting off (and latest update for my Desktop Mgr)...

I no longer have this issue with my camera or video. So one of the above did the trick; not sure if the OS update fixed it, or the memory conservation stuff did it, although it could be the combo of both. Try it and see if that'll work for you. Good luck!

Oh, and BTW, I no longer save pics on my device either; that eats up what little memory I need to keep my Torch running.  All of the pics & pretty much all of my saved files/data goes on my media card now, which is a whopping 8GB. :-)