Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Movistar ES

Camera wont work after Desktop Updated to 5.0.0.841

First of all Greeting to all of you 

Well ,i have a Storm 9500 which worked perfectly for the past almost 2 years,had no problems,updated everything perfect...everything was great.

Until yesterday when BB Desktop told me to update,and i accepted...it finished the update perfectly and had absolutely no problems..at first tho....because then the screen stopped responding and many more stuff so i rolled back to 5.0.0.484 which was very stable and nice for me...everything finished Alright but then i realised my Camera wasnt working,had the "Could not open camera,please close app's and then try again". 

I have tried to battery-pull , tried to delete every apps,tried to change OS back to 841 and it didnt work,then i tried different OS's ,officials,beta's,hybrids everything...until i went back until 4.7.0.181 and absolutely nothing, Nor a Wipe-fresh install didnt work at all.Also tried takeing off the mem.card which is a 8gb shdc ,also nothing..tried the gently press the camera/flash..also nothing.

Note : I dont know if the camera worked when i did the first 841 update because i thought it was too buggy so didnt bother trying so i dont know how it started.

I use the camera alot so its kinda necesary for me...Not haveing Wifi is a huge loss and now the Camera...well...that makes it kinda useless for me.

Note 2 : I cant take it back to fix cause my warranty is over,besides meanwhile i changed operator and many more so,thats not a solution..i dont think Vodafone will give me a new one just cause im pretty.

So anyone got any solutions?Anything?

Thank you in advance =)

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Movistar ES

Re: Camera wont work after Desktop Updated to 5.0.0.841

More News : 

- 2 of the 4 front buttons's backlight isnt working,so the only 2 buttons illuminated are the two ones from the right.

- I set an alarm at 07:39 this morning and it did ring me up but the screen wouldnt respond ,i tried to press on the "Snooze" button but it didnt respond,tho the alarm stopped ringing but the screen was still saying the alarm was going on and what to do next. The phone was answering as when i tilted the phone,the screen itself tilted aswell so the phone was answering but the screen wasnt. Only thing i saw that only for less than half a sec while randomly touching the screen,the "Snooze" button got selected for a very short slight of time so i had to battery-pull.

- At around 08:00 after seeing that i had to recieve a few calls,i saw that the only Signal i had was SOS...in center of Valencia! where i get 95% HSUPA+ Signal 21.6mb/s. So i tried to hard-reset...no luck...then i just switched the SIM to another phone,and neigher that phone could recognize the SIM card...so i went to Movistar,which is my phone company and they changed it...costed 10 euros -_- and they said the phone damaged the SIM..hell know's why.

May i ask...whats going on?I tried diferent Os's just in case and all those problems above persist in each and every OS,no matter how official,beta or hybrid it is.

And all this just cause i wanted to update to 5.0.0.861 >< 

Awaiting answers 

Thanks in advance.