Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Can Anyone Help Me With My Curve 9320 problem?

I need help with my phone, I got the Curve 9320, its registered with the wireless network, I can call and sent txt but I can't load up BBM, nor can I set my email account to the phone, which is a hotmail account which I could really use my phone being connected to, can someone suggest anything to help me get my phone fully working?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Can Anyone Help Me With My Curve 9320 problem?

Hi lan1988

On your account do you have activated BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS from your carrier Orange ! 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

On which account are you refering too?

Elite II

Hi lan1988

On your SIM account !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

How do I check that?
Elite II

Hello lan

Those data plan are activated by our Carrier or Wireless Service Provider upon request.

On your homescreen go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what is the status ?

Contributor

Here's what it say's
Blackberry Internet Service
Connection: Mobile Network
Elite II

Hey lan

The status shows you already have BIS in your account .So can you elaborate your problem . Do you receive any error message while using BBM and while setting up personal emails ?

Contributor

My problem is that BBM wont set up, I tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it, it installs ok but when the 'setting up BBM' appears it doesn't set up, its just a blue screen with no function, and as for the email situation I can't set it up to my hotmail account because when ever I click on setup>email account all I get is 'connecting to email settings' then 'your device had a problem connecting to the server' and its doing that without me having put any email info into it so not sure where its trying to connect to.
And thanks for your help
Elite II

Hello lan 

Thanks for this information ! 

So to resolve your issue can you try those steps ! 

First on your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID > please check if you're already login with your BlackBerry ID .Then within that screen Press the menu key > Check for Updates ( If it prompts for update install it ) . Once it done perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On wait for a min. then re-insert it back. your device may take a long reboot.

Then try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

After perform those steps , For Email Setup   :

Go to Setup > Email Account > try it again , it error persists then from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/integrate  and add / edit your email account .

For BBM :

Open BBM and see if completes the setup Or you have to reinstall it again , but before that you have to delete any existing version of BBM from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from that list . When its done perform another battery pull reboot 

Finally from your BlackBerry browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and download the most recent version available for your device . Reboot your device and see if it completes the BBM setup.

Please try those steps and let us know of your progress.