Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Dodo

Can I Manually Install mms/internet Settings on my BB Curve 8510 ??

Hi, I recently purchased a Blackberry Curve 8520 and from day one I havent been able to access internet and send mms from my phone .

I was wondering if anyone knew how to install the correct settings for mms and also to browse internet  (manually )  .

I have rang my service provider and they stated I could not get the settings sent to my phone so they would email me the right settings so I could do it manually . I had followed all the steps from email but still nothing .

My network carrier is Optus ( Australia ) .

Can some one please advise me on what to do .......

Thanks !

New Contributor
My Device: 8520, Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Can I Manually Install mms/internet Settings on my BB Curve 8510 ??

What price plan are you using with your service provider. Sounds like you need to purchase an Optus data bundle first inorder to access the BB Enterprise saver.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

What you actually need is a BB data plan which includes BIS, not a generic plan.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-2-bes-and-bis-whats-difference

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: developer

How can you help me<i want to now how can i get my settings for curve 8520,is there a payment to pay every month

i need the email and my blackberry mesanger,but i cant installed them,i got n pay as you go vadacom.please send me the settings and if i am must pay every month

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Meteor

Hi , 

About a year ago I purchased a Blackberry Curve 8520 everything worked well on it and I was able to send pictures then I got this App Lock on my phone and I needed to reboot my phone it wiped half of my Contacts off my phone and all my messages. Then a few days ago I tryed to send a picture to a friend and my MMS was no longer their. PLEASE HELP!!!