Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: airtel
Accepted Solution

Can I buy apps using my debit card?

Hi,

My post is duplicate of this post.

I am trying to buy some apps through app world. I have paypal account but whenever I try to buy something. I am getting this error:

your transaction was not processed. Please try your purchase again. (Error Id: 30261)

I found this post which explains how to solve to above error. I will try this later because I have something to say in this post.

what I am trying to ask in this post is why can't I purchase apps using my Debit card? I can see only two options which are Credit card and Paypal. That is honestly very limited options for a world wide device managing company like Blackberry.

I live in India and honestly there are many features of Blackberry  that make me say WTF..?

I will list out some of those WTF features  here:

1. Low Battery life (1230 mAh) - Honestly, making the mobile somewhat thicker to have a good battery life would have been better.
  2. Can't use my Network providing internet, which is cheap, on my Mobile.
  3. Even if I have BIS, I can't access that internet to my laptop. I need to have additional network internet also.
  4. Only two options to purchase any app i.e credit card or paypal. what for the users who don't have those two? (if you guys are planning to have your customers just rich fellows then don't launch in middle class people's market).

Man, I am really **bleep** off.. I don't even know whom to say this.. my friends just listen and laugh.

Please just tell me whether I can purchase from debit card or not?

PS: Apart from the above WTF features, I love my BB torch 9860 because of its design and ofcourse motion sensor. Many times it runs out of battery and I just see that blank displayed mobile to feel the beautiful design. (Expecting an update soon to fix the battery life bug)

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can I buy apps using my debit card?

Payment for app purchases is based on many factors, very few of them controlled by BlackBerry. If BlackBerry had its way, you'd be able to walk into your local corner store and purchase an app with cash. Many factors, including government restrictions, decide how you can pay.

As an example, here in Canada I can put an app purchase right on my monthly cell bill with my carrier, Rogers. That's because BlackBerry offers that service in Canada, it's approved by the government and Rogers supports it. As I said, if BlackBerry could do that for every carrier in the world, it would.

I hope that clarifies things for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: airtel

Thanks for clarifying..

anyhow I got my answer. 

We can also use debit card to purchase apps on Blackberry. 

We just need to enter debit card number in place of credit card number.

I request blackberry devs to keep the label as Credit/Debit instead of just Credit.

I got the solution here.

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1

Can I buy a blackberry device in blackberry shop online stores with a debit card?
O.V