Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Can I delete a calendar in a 9360

When I bought my 9360 the sales person copied over my work calendar and I no longer want that on my phone. How do I delete it?  I also think it is messing things up when I try to sync to my personal calender in outlook  TY

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Can I delete a calendar in a 9360

Solved it myself with the help of another frustrated user...thank you!

11-09-2011 12:14 PM

I finally was able to resolve it on my own with no help from RIM. I noticed when I went into the calendar options there were 2 accounts; default and one for my current email address. I suspect the default account was the one that carried over my previous entries from my old BB Bold after the device switch. Since I became so frustrated, I eventually manually entered my BB calendar enrires on my Outlook calendar and then deleted the ones on the BB. That made sure there were no entries at all on tmy phone. The default account disappeared and there was only one account listed under the calendar options. I syncronized with the Desktop Manager and voila, it worked without any error messages!

Certainly not a great solution but it worked for me and everything is syncing like it should.

Who wants to delete and re-enter their previous calendar entries as it defeats the purpose of syncing your device!

Highlighted
BJX
New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Re: Can I delete a calendar in a 9360 (not suppose to. ical uses a default calendar even in snow lepoard)

[ Edited ]

Hello BB folks,

I cannot sync my ical with my 9360 BB either? My sync hangs like so:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u6y6psdt3r1kz3/2012-06-16%2004.31.09%20pm.jpg

ical sync hanging

I know you are NOT suppose to delete the default calendar even in Snow Lepoard.  Yes you cannot set a default calendar with a button in SL but it can be done some how I know this but cannot find the solution again on the Internet? (go figure).

(may be the folks a RIM don't have enough money to fix the desktop sync issues?  has to be the most posts on this so called support web site.)