Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: 9013782747

Can I get around the password

Hi everyone I'm new to this site, however I've had my blackberry storm for about 2 years now. Last week I was robbed and the man took the phone from me, and in order for the police to catch him, they told me to leave the phone on so they can track him.

As of yesterday they did and retrieved the phone, but while he was using my phone the entire week, (I guess he assumed it was his forever) he put a password ON the phone. I have yet to get it from the police, but this is what they are telling me.

The only things I really need from the phone are the memopad entries.

So I guess my question is, is there a way for me to either backup the phone while it's locked (i've backed it up a few times on my computer just not often) and save those files in particular and everything else, then insert the passcode 10 times and clear everything? or is it possible for the code to be reset without me losing all of my info?

I own the phone personally so I don't think it's in conjunction with the BES...but i have synced it to my computer a few times (last backup file was in April) and registered the phone using my email earlier this year.

Any ideas/ input would be helpful!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Can I get around the password

Hi,

There isn't a workaround for the password. Access to the device via USB or BlueTooth

requires the password be entered by design.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: 9013782747

Re: Can I get around the password

Thanks for the response.  I find it to be odd that BlackBerry has yet to consider the idea of someone taking someone else's BB and putting in a password, and create some kind of way that the rightful owner can keep their information and get back in their phone.  And even still, I find it even MORE harsh that if someone who doesn't know your code puts the wrong code in 10 times it deletes everything on the phone and gives them access to it... That seems kind of backwards, and almost caters to theives that may take the phone. I guess I should write them a letter. lol.