Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Can I sync with iCal after iCloud activated?

Unfortunately we tried this multiple times with an Apple rep. We could get the address book to sync but not the calendar. To me it doesn't matter who's fault it is. It is BB's responsibility to fix it AND offer support. Right now the only support comes from us. No wonder they are loosing customers ebvery day. BB should be ashamed of themselves. OFFER CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha, Z10, Alliance Select Partner

Turning off Contact sync, syncing with BB Desktop Mac, then turning on Contact sync to iCloud worked but is not to be recommended as it is a recipe for duplicates and unknown state. It doesnt work for Calendars.

People have published how to get to the iCloud Calendar and Contact items using industry standard protocolsn (google for it), but Apple have not released this information which would be vital for supported interoperability.

Oh and BB Smartphone OS ought to have to support over the air calendars and contacts too. BB Playbook OS 2.0 supports over the air calendars and contacts but it too doesn't allow a good discoverable working setup for Calendar sync to be created. BB Desktop for Mac, and BB SmartPhone and Tablet OS all need significant revision to reach parity with Apples product ease of use here. On Macs and iOS devices it 'just works' with no umbilical cable. 

Sadly without these things BB devices are currently pretty useless if your world is in iCloud. This is a huge shame.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Credo

Great advice and I'm hoping RIM will come up with a solution for us.  I use all apple, ipad and just traded my iphone in for Bold 9930.  I've been with Apple since 1984, but I'm not happy with their business practices and the fact that they are forcing us to change.  I will stand by Blackberry and will be moving more of my small office to BB.  I will try to work around this issue.  So for right now will use ipad for ical until a work around happens, everything else syncs fine.  Then I will switch to the BB playbook.  I will not go back.  Hang in there and thanks for all the good advice and comments.  Here's to hoping.  I love the Bold 9930.