Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can I write email on BB w/o sending it?

I want to write emails on my BB and NOT send them. I want them to sync into Outlook and then send from Outlook. I know, it's backwards. But I don't have a data plan and I don't want to waste $ on email. I just want to compose things when I think of them and save them to send later on Outlook. Can this happen? If so, tell me how! 
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can I write email on BB w/o sending it?

[ Edited ]

abenti wrote:
I want to write emails on my BB and NOT send them. I want them to sync into Outlook and then send from Outlook. I know, it's backwards. But I don't have a data plan and I don't want to waste $ on email. I just want to compose things when I think of them and save them to send later on Outlook. Can this happen? If so, tell me how! 

No, you can't.

1. Email does not sync on the BlackBerry to Outlook with out a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Service) account; and, 

2. You would need a BES Data Plan for that purpose.

Alternatively, you can compose your email bodies in Memos, on the BB, and then that WILL sync to your Outlook account on your PC when connected via USB and using Desktop Manager > Sync. Then you will copy from the Memo and paste into an email in your PC Outlook .

Message Edited by JSanders on 03-10-2009 04:35 PM
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can I write email on BB w/o sending it?

Thanks for the answer. I was afraid that would be the answer.