Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can Messages Folder be nested inside Applications? Getting system error messages.

I nested the Messages folder inside Applications Folder, changed SMS/MMS folder option to "separate," re-arranged some icons, and the 9000 crashed.

I am using ATT BIS, Blackberry Bold (9000), iMac, OS-X Leopard, iCal, Address Book, Missing Sync, two gMail accounts (with IMAP configured), and one additional non-Gmail IMAP webmail/email account. I have installed ATT Navigator and WSJ reader, but no other downloads.

The OS is fresh from a Master Reset, and data was just restored with a "push sync" from clean data on my workstation.

I turned on data, registered the phone, sent the service books, reconfigured ordinary application options, and made the following other changes in the Menu:

I edited the Applications Folder icon (changed the color of the folder).
I changed the SMS/MMS option of the Messages Menu from "combined" to "separate."
I put my webmail folder and the Gmail folder in the top row of the Menu.
I moved the "messages" folder and my two other email folders into the Applications Folder.
I hid the Games and Downloads folders, and arranged the remaining Menu icons into four rows.

Then the system returned the following errors, one right after the other:

Uncaught exception:  net.rim.device.api.system.
UnsupportedOperationException
Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error
Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7491f7b6ae80681a)timeout
Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error

When the error messages had stopped, I noticed several changes to the Menu and the Applications Folder:

1. The folder for my work email was gone from the Menu,
2. The Applications Folder icon had reverted to its original (un-customized) appearance,
3. The other two of my three email account folders were no longer present inside the Applications Folder,
4. The Camera and Video Camera icons were gone from the Menu, and
5. The SMS folder was gone from the Menu.

What is the most likely cause of the instability?

1. Does the Messages folder or email folders cause problems when inside the Applications Folder?
2. Does the Gmail Mobile App cause BB to crash?
3. Is distribution 4.6.0.298 [BB 9000 OS v.4.6.0.157] of 9000 software unstable?

What seems to be wrong?  Any advice on how to get to a stable configuration?

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)
My Carrier: www.rzr.online.fr

Re: Can Messages Folder be nested inside Applications? Getting system error messages.

this also happend to me :
And then
App Error 205
where to look for now ?