Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Can My Employer View My Private Gmail Accounts if I have an Enterprise Network Server on my BB?

What can and can't an employer see (tunneling) on a BB Curve device? It's my own personal device, under my name and I pay for the phone personally, but I use an Enterprise Email/Web solution so I can access work emails when I want them. What type of privacy issues do I have? They can't see my private Gmail accounts, can they?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330

Re: Can My Employer View My Private Gmail Accounts if I have an Enterprise Network Server on my BB?

No, they can not see your personal email but they can get the logs of your unit, like phone calls etc...
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can My Employer View My Private Gmail Accounts if I have an Enterprise Network Server on my BB?

Can they still retrieve logs, like phone #s and email addresses if I delete them from the BB general Messages box?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330

i run a bes for our work and i've never seen a log with the 'email address' of the other parties email.

Yes, a log of calls is recorded by the server so it doesn't matter if you delete them on the unit.