Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Can My Employer View My Private Gmail Emails, Gmail Chats, SMS or BBM's if I have an Enterprise Network Server on my BB?

What can my Employer view on a BB device?  It is my own personal handheld device, under my name and I pay for the phone and connection, however I am connected to the Enterprise Server so I can access work emails.  I have my work email, my personal Gmail, and my carrier.blackberry.net all on the same device.  I notice that when I send an email from Gmail, the sent item is logged into the main Messages inbox.  Can my boss see this and/or text messages on BBM and SMS?   

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can My Employer View My Private Gmail Emails, Gmail Chats, SMS or BBM's if I have an Enterprise Network Server on my BB?

In short, Yes, yes and yes. Maybe.The answer is not really a simple yes or no.

Read this for detail and explanation:  What can my employer see on my BES BlackBerry?

Bottom line? If in doubt, don't do personal and/or things you'd rather your employer not see, on your BES-connected BlackBerry... even if it is your personal device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Re: Can My Employer View My Private Gmail Emails, Gmail Chats, SMS or BBM's if I have an Enterprise Network Server on my BB?

Here in lies a huge problem, if I use my home (personal - no attachments to work) computer... and use my personal Gmail account to email, the BB picks up the sent item.  Can this be temporarily disabled? 

Fluk wrote:

Here in lies a huge problem, if I use my home (personal - no attachments to work) computer... and use my personal Gmail account to email, the BB picks up the sent item.  Can this be temporarily disabled? 

Why do you want to do this?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Well, I don't "want to"... but if I am sending out my resume to other potential employers from my personal Gmail account, and the sent email (from my personal laptop) is being logged into my BB which is connected to the Enterprise Server, would that not in fact allow my currently employer to view the emails I have sent? 

Fluk wrote:

would that not in fact allow my currently employer to view the emails I have sent? 

No. You didn't read the link I took the time to paste above, did you?

Knowledge Base Updates