Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: Etasilat
Accepted Solution

Can Some Body Explain..?

Having tried all tricks please see below space and CR the other party sees the text as sample below...can some one explain what could cause to text appear in BB device as in the COMPACT version..?

-----------------ACTUAL SAMPLE-----------------ACTUAL SAMPLE---------------

"Will take your advice and try again.SPACE Let me know how this msg was displayed.SP I have applied your trick in this one.CR CR CiaoSP CR CRMDawood CRThanks and with my best regardsCRCRMohammad DawoodCRScotsman MEnACRCRSent from my BlackBerry® wireless device"
MDawood
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Can Some Body Explain..?

I have no idea what your asking. Can you rephrase?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

SP means space
CR means carriage return.

does this happen to all the people you send email to ? what is the email program your recipients are using ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor

He is using Lotus Notes..but as you said it do not know really if it happen to all that I send emails thru BB

Wait a minute when I receive copy of my sent messages I have noticed same problem the text is compacted without CR or Space at all..I am using MSOL- 2007

MDawood
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

This could be due to the character encoding differences.

Do you get this problem with other email clients?

For example if someone opens you email in outlook or a web client, do they still have the problem?

If not, the chances are the problem is on the recipient end.

Regular Contributor

We both are using similar models 8310 but as I said a copy of the message returns to me bydefault since I have configured it this way..each time I receive COMPACTED msg without SPACE OR CR....WONDER WHO CAN HELP...?
MDawood
Contributor

Now I'm confused. I your post you are saying:

------------------------

He is using Lotus Notes..but as you said it do not know really if it happen to all that I send emails thru BB

Wait a minute when I receive copy of my sent messages I have noticed same problem the text is compacted without CR or Space at all..I am using MSOL- 2007

------------------------

And now you are saying you both use BB?

Which is it?

Regular Contributor

The main issue is what my friend and myself receive while exchanging emails thru BB 8310 we both receive COMPACTED message as show sample above.

Now some one earlier asked me which software you and him both are using on desktops so my reply was he was using Lotusnotes and me MSOL 2007 this a question on the side line...

But our main conerns remains same either he or myself we both received COMPACTED text msg on BB

Sorry if I have sent confusing statements..Bless you..

MDawood
Contributor

If both of you are on BIS and NOT forwarding emails from the desktop, I'm lost and you should call your provider.

If you are on BES, you need to talk to your admit.

Regular Contributor

I have done another experiment today by composing email from my BB 8310 device to my neighbors BB8310 result is the same text appeared in COMPACT version without CR without SP

BB direct technical support is required...please assist...this is not acceptable to any one sorry...Smiley Mad

MDawood