Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Can Somebody Help Please??

Howdee!

I've just got a Blackberry Curve 8310 Smartphone... i was wondering if anybody knew how to set a ringtone and message tone... i've looked all over the site, and in the user guide and in every possible menu in the phone... but i cant seem to find how to change the settings for my message tone and ringtone.

Please Help!!

Love

Cat 

New Contributor

Re: Can Somebody Help Please??

Ring tones for specific people can be assigned via the address book. Otherwise, ringtones & message alert tones are defined under the 'Profiles' - aka manner modes....on the screen, click the speaker icon to bring up the menu, scroll to advanced on the menu, then click the menu button to the left of the scroll wheel, and then select 'edit' on the menu - then you can pick your tones.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! =^.^=

This is really appreciated!!!!

~Big Hugs!~

Love Cat

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530

[ Edited ]

Are there any after market programs for transfer of address books to the 8330?  This one they have only brought over a few and they did not have the phone numbers because I did not have Vista for very long and would have got more info from my i880 nextel phonebook than using outlook express. 

Many of the ringtone programs are either too expensive or too technical to learn fast enough to use without a three month course.

Thanks, Rob

Message Edited by rgruenhaus on 06-01-2008 02:28 AM
Rob G

When I purchased my BB 8310 just a month ago I was told I could use ringtones for each person in my phone book, however it seems that it is ONLY if they call me. If I get a message from them the ring tone does not work. Do you have to get a third party software to do this or have I missed something?