Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

Can anyone tell me how to download games on the owners lounge into my 8300 curve please?

For the longest of time I have not been able to successfully save the games I download into the device it always doesn't read it or I can't add it on the SD card either. Please help me Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Can anyone tell me how to download games on the owners lounge into my 8300 curve please?

You can not install applications to the MicroSD card. To install the games go to http://mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry device. Follow the prompts to games and and their installs.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

Re: Can anyone tell me how to download games on the owners lounge into my 8300 curve please?

[ Edited ]
so it is not possible to download a game from my desktop to my device?
Message Edited by eliteguard91 on 05-31-2008 11:47 AM
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8300

eliteguard91,

I downloaded a Sudoku game from the OwnersLounge to my desktop.  It was provided by a company called Handango.  Here are the instructions they sent me to transfer it to my device:

This product is distributed as a .zip file to be downloaded on your desktop computer first. Right-click on the newly-downloaded file located on your desktop. Select Extract to uncompress the program files. Then use the Blackberry Desktop Manager Application Loader to synchronize the program files to your device.

Step-by-step instructions on Windows PC:
1. Start the Blackberry Desktop Manager that was provided with your device.
2. Choose the Application Loader icon.
3. Click Add and browse to the location of the program files (this is probably your desktop).
4. Select the .alx file and click Open.
NOTE: If you encounter the error message "No additional applications designed for your handheld were found", please update your Blackberry Desktop Manager software.
5. Choose Next then click on Finish to initiate the loading process.
6. Locate and launch the application on your BlackBerry device.

I hope this solves your issue.