Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem I have just come across today when trying to add a contact on my Blackberry Pearl 9105...

I tried adding a number to my phonebook this morning and my phone froze, I had to take the battery out to unfreeze it

Smiley Sad and when I retried it came up with an error message but I can't remember what exactly it said.

I have since noticed that I cannot even edit current contacts in my phonebook Smiley Sad

Pllllleeeeease can someone help me????

Thanks
Debi

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem I have just come across today when trying to add a contact on my Blackberry Pearl 9105...

Hello,

The exact and complete error message is critical to helping you...there are something like 10,000 possibilities, it'll be so much faster if you provide the exact and complete error message. If you can re-create it, then do so and provide that message.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: O2

Re: Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem I have just come across today when trying to add a contact on my Blackberry Pearl 9105...

The error message I received was:

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app (232) is not responding; process terminated.

I have since rectified this problem by using online help from an O2 Guru, I had to totally reset my phone which was a lot easier than sending my phone off for an imaginary software update which the O2 shop assistant told me I'd need to do Smiley Sad

Regards

Debi

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I'm glad you got it resolved. Enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................