Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Can not Re-install application ('Quicklaunch')

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a Blackberry Bold 9700 and four days ago I purchased ‘Quicklaunch’.  When I downloaded it I had an error message during the download and the application did not install. In ‘My World’ Quicklaunch then persistently displayed as Purchase Not Found (in red).

When I attempted to download it again I just got the message: “You have already purchased this application . Please go to “my World” and choose Log In from the menu to reconcile your purchase. (Error Id: 20304)

I did as that message said, and my Paypal account confirmed all my purchases had been reconciled. (Paypal has deducted the charge for Quicklaunch). I then went back to try and download it again but still received the same message.

After reading advice on various forums I did the following:

1)      Cleared the AppWorld application cache by holding down the ‘ALT’ key and pressing ‘R’, ‘S’, and then ‘T’. That did actually cleared the application from the list in ‘My World’.

2)      I then uninstalled 'AppWorld'.

3)      I did a battery pull. (Two - just to be sure!)

4)      I re-installed Appworld. (Followed by another battery pull).

After ALL that, I STILL keep getting the same error: (“You have already purchased this application . Please go to “my World” and choose Log In from the menu to reconcile your purchase. (Error Id: 20304)”)

I have now tried the above procedure three times and I still haven’t been able to download and install (and obviously use) Quicklaunch.

I have purchased and installed other programs successfully so I know there is no problem with my PayPal account, plus PayPal took my payment for Quicklaunch anyway.

I would be REALLY grateful for any help anyone can offer to help me get Quicklaunch installed and working.

Many thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can not Re-install application ('Quicklaunch')

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

First -- thank you for doing so much research here for possible solutions. That is very very helpful. Second, thank you for posting all the details you did...also extremely helpful.

Unfortunately, what it reveals is a likely outcome that is more difficult (formal support from your carrier). But, let's table that for a moment...

When you did the AppWorld Cache clear, it cleared off the list -- the complete list, I presume (it's supposed to). When you next launched AppWorld (after de-installing and re-installing it seems), you then logged in via your PayPal credentials. It then spent some time reconciling all of your purchases before you could try anything further. At this point, what did this app show in AppWorld? Not on the list at all? On the list as "Uninstalled"? Some other state? Or did you go through some slightly different steps?

Given that it's responding with the already purchased message, that tells me you are going into the on-device catalog (rather than MyWorld) and selecting the app there...you should be going into MyWorld, logging in via your PayPal credentials, and then selecting the app from that list (after AppWorld has reconciled it, of course) so as to reinstall it.

Now the bad news -- since you were so detailed, if you indeed were doing as I've laid out here, then your next step is formal support. And, like all formal support, that starts with the carriers. However, there are all too many reports on these forums about folks trying to contact their carrier and getting the brush off ("you have to call RIM" or something). That is not how it works...sadly, too many carrier agents don't know the actual required process. The process is that all formal support, even for AppWorld issues such as this, must start with the carrier -- the carrier should escalate it up to their dedicated BB support folks who in turn can escalate into RIM for resolution. But getting past that first front-line carrier CSR seems to be the toughest part (so I glean from posts in these forums).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi 'Sgardne',

Thank you so much for a) your warm welcome, and b) your quick and helpful response.

"When you did the AppWorld Cache clear, it cleared off the list -- the complete list, I presume (Yes, that's correct) (it's supposed to)  When you next launched AppWorld (after de-installing and re-installing it seems) (Yes), you then logged in via your PayPal credentials (Yes). It then spent some time reconciling all of your purchases before you could try anything further (Yes). At this point, what did this app show in AppWorld? Not on the list at all? On the list as "Uninstalled"? Some other state? Or did you go through some slightly different steps?"

In 'My World', in the 'on device' list of all the installed applications, Quicklaunch is not on the list at all. When I go into the appstore and find 'Quicklaunch', there is no option to 're-install' (or obviously 'run'), just 'Purchase'. When I press the 'Purchase' option (my only option other than read reviews, view screenshots, or recommend the application, something I'm not exactly in a position to do!), I get taken to the login screen. After logging in I receive the "“You have already purchased..." message.

I really hope I don't have to contact Vodafone regarding this problem. I can see my life flashing in front of my eyes just at the thought of it!

Thank you so much again for your help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Sadly, given the steps you describe, you indeed are in need of formal support...via your carrier.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi 'Sgardne',

Ok well thank you for all your help and advice. I guess I'll have to face the inevitable and contact 'V'. I'll probably wait until I have a week's annual leave :-)

Thank you again.

Hall of Famer III

You are most welcome. I honestly wish I had something better to offer you, but that's the only channel that exists for resolving this. I hope it does not require the entire week. Just be nice yet firm...and get escalated as quickly as possible from the front line folks. Several "I already did that" statements may be useful. Hopefully.

Good luck!

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I have exactly the same problem with Quick Launch and App World.  I have done extensive research online about this problem and have taken the same steps that you have as well.  I have also emailed nikkisoft support, and they sent back an auto response email.  I have just emailed them again, so if I get any results I will post them.

If you find a solution, please post it here.  I'm sure that we are not the only ones having this issue.

Thank you.