Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Can not dial direct from phone number on Web page

I have been trying to click on a several tollfree numbers on a webpage in by browser on by Torch and it does not allow to dial direct

Works fine from a email but not a webpage.  Other Blackberry smart phones, Iphone etc are able to just click on the tollfree image and it auto dials the number  

Can you tell me if there is something in settings that I must change

This is one of the links I was trying http://www.traveltst.ca/vacations/

Any ideas ? 
Thanks Carol

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can not dial direct from phone number on Web page

Hi Carol!

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I just tried the link you posted and it appears that none of the phone numbers are "hyperlinked", so in this case, your Torch won't auto-dial the number for you.

The way you can test to see if something is hyperlinked is by placing your cursor over it.  If the little finger pointer appears, then it's hyperlinked and you'll open the associated app (phone, e-mail, etc) by clicking on it.  On this particular website, the phone numbers don't appear to be hyperlinked.

Please check the the other websites for the same thing and let us know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Did you try this from your Blackberry? This is a mobile detected link that will send you to another site if you check it on a computer
My friends Blackberry Storm does auto dial when he clicks on it . As well as my web developers Iphone . Please help
Forums Veteran I

Yes, I sent the link to my device and opened the web page.  The phone numbers were not hyperlinked for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

what kind of Blackberry do you have ? Why do you think others can?
Forums Veteran I

I have the same device as you, the Torch.  Not sure why it is.  I just tried a couple other sites and the numbers were hyperlinked.

New Contributor

Great- are you able to send me these sites that the hyperlink worked on the phone number. Perhaps it will help my developer with correcting the coding. I was told this was a issue with on the Torch and some other Android phones but perhaps the coding just has to be changed for the Torch!
New Contributor
My Device: 9520
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the same problem... These are numbers that I could dial easily from my OS5 Device. Now I am OS6 I cannot use this feature? Is it really because of URL Hyperlinking?