Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Can not get the general GPRS on my Blacberry Bold 9700...!?!

[ Edited ]

Hi!

My name is Ashish Verma, Right now I am living in Pune, India. I have recently purchased a Blackberry Bold 9700 mobile, I was having an Bharti Airtel (Mobile Service Provider in India) SIM card already, which I was using with my previous phone. The problem is that I am trying to activate the general GPRS service (not the Blackberry services) on my phone, but I am unable to get the settings from the Airtel for activating it, in-fact they say that your handset is not compatible for that..! I am very much deceived because of that, I thought I have purchased on of the best mobile set and service available, but it doesn't seems. Even I tried to activate the plan of internet and got the message after that "You have activated the plan", but still I am unable to access the service..! In-face I received a message after some time from Airtel saying "Your phone is not provisionable"..! I do not understand, how a advanced smart phone like Blackberry which has everything inside it, can be incompatible for a simple service like GPRS..!? Please let me know what I can do..! Thank you.

regards: Ashish Verma

Film Sound Designer,

Edited to remove personal information

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Can not get the general GPRS on my Blacberry Bold 9700...!?!

hello ashish!! i m also getting the same problem on my bold... solution to diz problem is dat u must b subscribe to blackberry sim services with the help of ur service provider. as i m airtel user dey said that der are certain services available on airtel but u should subscribe in dem u use certain features such as wireless internet, push emails, etc... so plz contact ur service provider dey will definitely help u to sort out dis problem......

thx u...    

My Device: Bold 9000

Airtel just wants to drain you out of money. Either have Airtel 899 plan to get internet on your Blackberry, or throw your Blackberry and buy some other cheap Smartphone to get a Rs.100 -unlimited internet plan from Airtel. Or better still change your service provider. You can t have Airtel and Blackbeey both to browse the internet on phone.

Airtel sucks, I am waiting for the day when Number Poratability is implemented across India, then these people will be begging to the customers. 

Navin

My Device: Not Specified

Ashish

There is a solution. Try the link below. Its a very simple step that you need to follow.

http://www.techtree.com/India/Features/How_to_use_a_BlackBerry_without_its_Service/551-111461-899.ht...

Let me know if this worked. Even I am planning to buy a Blackberry.

Ashish

There is a solution. Try the link below. Its a very simple step that you need to follow.

http://www.techtree.com/India/Features/How_to_use_a_BlackBerry_without_its_Service/551-111461-899.ht...

Let me know if this worked. Even I am planning to buy a Blackberry.

Visitor

Ashish blackberry handsets are not only handsets instead it is a technology
with its server of its own.Blackberry technology is over n above GPRS service provided by ur carrier.It is the mistake of operator who has educated you about the same.Plans which allow full web surfing are pretty expensive.
My Device: 9730 Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Can not get the general GPRS on my Blacberry Bold 9300...!?!

hi bro',

i hve bb9300 curve n m nt able to use my net on it. initially when i deactivated by BIS plan, i made the changes told by you (API settings) and then my wassapp started working. but after few days,even that stopped working. m getting bugged up as m not able to be in touch with ane1. please help if u can.

thanks in advance.

aditya

My Device: Blackberry 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

If we choose a smartphone then we must have a better GPRS plan for our mobile instead of choosing general GPRS. Why don't you a better 3G plan for your blackberry smartphone. Recently Tata Docomo planned to launch unlimited voice and GPRS plan for BlackBerry Z10. So you can go with this service provider or you change your Blackberry Bold 9700 to Blackberry Z10 which comes with huge array of features as compaire to blackberry bold 9700. If the upcoming Docomo GPRS plan works well on your mobile phone then it is nothing to say otherwise from my point of view you just change your handset.