Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Can not sync bold with Outlook

I had a Treo 750 and no problems staying sync'd.  Unfortunately, that phone was broken and AT&T doesn't carry it anymore, so I got the Bold.

I have Outlook 2003

Kerio Mail Server

Blackberry Bold

I have hooked the email up personally and it is working fine.

Outlook will not sync. 

When I select an option like address and go through the process, the end result is "Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found"

Additionally, for some reason the software (not comp) is only recognizing the device through bluetooth.  This is new...it was working from USB before.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled almost all versions of the software (up to 4.7) and removed the Palm Software.  I have also been searching through these forums and can not figure this out (nor our IT guy)

Please Help!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can not sync bold with Outlook

Hi i just bought a new CrapBerry, i cannot sync with my Outlook too, even after spending a precious time reading this forum.

I always get the same message : Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found

I was able to sync in seconds with my Sony Ericsson W, my Palm, my Pocket PC... everything Sync exept this crap phone.

So you should bought a real Smartphone instead of this.

Regards, sorry for my poor English.

My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Can not sync bold with Outlook

Found this Support info on Blackberry Support site....disreguard the PST info:

To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:

1. Check that the BlackBerry smartphone user has data in the .pst file or the Microsoft Exchange mailbox.
  2. Create a new Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile directly to the .pst file or Microsoft Exchange mailbox. For more information on creating a MAPI profile, see KB03037.
  3. When configuring the synchronization process in BlackBerry® Desktop Manager, use the newly created MAPI profile. For instructions, see KB03650.