Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: GiffGaff

Can somebody help me with my Blackberry Curve 9300

Hi there, can anyone help???

I have been given a blackberry curve 9300 and I have just put a giffgaff sim card in and changed my number over. I have tried to text and it keeps coming up with a clock symbol and then a red X. I have looked at settings and it seems to be fine. I just can't send messages but I can receive them.

CAN YOU HELP

Hayley

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can somebody help me with my Blackberry Curve 9300

First, register your phone on the network.  To do this, on your homescreen follow Options>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table>(Menu Key)>Register Now.  (The path might vary slightly from that; I'm not sure what OS you're running.)

Next, resend the service books to your phone. Follow Setup>Internet Email Accounts>(Menu Key)>Service Books>Resend Service Books.

Try those two suggestions and post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I've set up an email but this doesn't help with sending sms messages by my phone!!!!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Can you receive an SMS message?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I'm not sure as I hace only got my message about being registered but apart from that nothing!!!!

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

musicalqueen wrote:

I'm not sure as I hace only got my message about being registered but apart from that nothing!!!!

OK, can you please get a friend to send you an SMS message and test?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Bold 9650 (non-camera)
My Carrier: Sprint

Sounds like a carrier problem. Text messages are not part of BIS and data, rather they're sent over the phone calls part of the carrier's network. You probably need to contact your carrier for help. Maybe something isn't set up properly.

I have a friend who's having a similar problem now. He can send and receive texts from all contacts except one contact who doesn't receive his texts. He gets an "invalid destination" error message in reply when he sends a text to that contact. (It's his son, on the same family plan, to boot!) It could be that contact's non-BlackBerry phone also. Maybe he's blocked on that phone. We're looking into it with the carrier.