Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Rty
Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Sun Cellular
Accepted Solution

Can someone help me pls: Led Color

Ive downloaded the Advance OS Led. Ive been using it fine for a year and assigned colors. recently the colors just turned into Green or Rred, it's not showing the correct color choices.  Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can someone help me pls: Led Color

So, are the choices missing from the app or are they in the app but not showing on the LED when in use?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Rty
Contributor

Hi, The color choices are still there,  i didnt change any of the assigned colors but it's not recognized. So it's in the app but theyre not showing right, it's only Red or green regardless of the colors i choose in the app.

thanks!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Have you removed the battery to reboot the device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Rty
Contributor

yup i did the battery pull several times, the first pull for 30 secs, others more than a minute. i tried downloading another 3rd party Led app and im having the same prob: just Green or Red. Led indicator is Off all the time. I tired to turn it off, and off but still the same prob.

thanks

Rty
Contributor

also i uninstalled both apps, then reinstalled. still having the same prob. really frustrating
Rty
Contributor

must be the phone...
Guru II

Let's run a diagnostic on the LED.

Go to Settings

Type in "Status" in the search bar (no quotes) and select Device and Status INformation.

On that screen type the letters T E S T. You won't see anything being typed but a diagnostic screen will open up.

Once in the self test app hit the menu key and select Start. If asked if you want to be guided say 'no'.

Check the box for Miscellaneous Components.

Hit the menu key and select Run.

Follow the on screen instructions. One of the items to be tested will be the LED. You can skip the other tests that come up or do them if you want.

If the LED works properly there then it's a software issue with the app or the OS. If not, then the LED itself has a problem.

Rty
Contributor

ive tested the LED as instructed, just green or red are appearing .....
Guru II

Then the blue LED has failed. If it's less than a year old I'd get your carrier to replace it under warranty.