Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Airtel Nigeria
Accepted Solution

Can't Chat with BB OS 10 Users

Hi, please i need assistance. I have been unable to chat with user's on th BB 10 series for over 2 weeks on  blackberry messenger.

I receive their chats but mine doesn't get delivered to them. In addition, all the groups on my phone wiped out. I tried restoring to my most recent back up, but the issue wasnt resolved. What can i do?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Can't Chat with BB OS 10 Users

chukee21

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you receiving a red X when trying to send any BBM message to any BB 10 users ?

If you are then try to delete and reinstall BlackBerry Messenger from your device which helped few users with the same issue , To do that On On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device >  Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there. After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device Powered On remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back .

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Finally after reboot use your BlackBerry Browser and  browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload  and download the most recent available for your device model. If device prompt for a restart do it .

After reinstalling for your group issues , ask any of your group member to reinvite you .

Please Note :

If you're having BBM7 or higher then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , after installing when you login with your BlackBerry ID your Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous version then first do a local backup , you can backup in your Media card, refer to this KB for further  help

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.