Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't Create an Email Signature

When our contract techie set up my BB 8830, she deleted the default email signature (sent via my BB....) because she didn't want to advertise for RIM.  I, and she, were never able to either restore the signature or add a new one!  Our techie just downloaded/ installed the new desktop software, v4.2, and there's not even an option anywhere to enter an email signature!!  And I gave up my Treo expecting to no longer have these minor annoyances.  Fool!!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS

Re: Can't Create an Email Signature

You can set it either of 2 ways:

1. From the BlackBerry: Go into Messages | Options | Email Settings and change the Auto Signature section
  2. From the Desktop Manager you can go into Email Settings and there's a section to type in the signature?
Do you have an Email Settings button in the Desktop Manager? If not you may have installed the Desktop Manager with the BIS option and not the BES option selected.

Let us know if you're missing that option
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't Create an Email Signature

I have none of the options you mentioned.  Must've downloaded the BIS option.  I'll tell our techie.  Thank you.