Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 4167882516
Accepted Solution

Can't Delete FB app from Blackberry HUB!! New Z10

I have the new Z10 Bberyy.

I do not want the FB app in my Blackberry hub, in fact I want it deleted completely from my phone. I manually deleted the app from the main app icon pages. I also went into "Hub Management" and clicked OFF for Facebook in terms of updates. However updates still occur, on my main screen when my phone is locked even! Very annoying.

I'm trying to get rid of the FB app completely from my phones, especially from the HUB. I've been searching for an "application manager" type of mode where I was able to do this in older versions of the Bberry.

Much appreaciated, thanks!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't Delete FB app from Blackberry HUB!! New Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There is no more app manager...rather, the main icon pages are just that, so you would have held that icon until they all started to pulsate, then let go and select the trash bin at the top/right of the FB icon, then completed the process to delete the app.

But, you perhaps did not delete the actual account integration...swipe down from the top and select Settings, then Accounts...if FB is in there, delete it there as well.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Carrier: 4167882516

Thank you so much! That did the job, much appreciated!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are most welcome...enjoy!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I too am having this problem with my Z10. They are not in my accounts but keep reappearing
on my apps screen a while after deleting. The icon is blank. Also the Vodafone sim app will not delete at all which is odd as my phone is sim free.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Reinstall then un install from app world. Nosey bonk,
Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi!

I want to remove Facebook from the HUB but keep it as an app only when I want to use it.  As soon as I install it as an app, it appears on my HUB, even if I go to notifications and turn it off.  Can I do what I want?

Thank you.

Hall of Famer III

oldpsulefty wrote:

Hi!

I want to remove Facebook from the HUB but keep it as an app only when I want to use it.  As soon as I install it as an app, it appears on my HUB, even if I go to notifications and turn it off.  Can I do what I want?

Thank you.

Hello,

Nope...as presently designed and implemented, once an account is integrated via Settings > Accounts, it automatically appears in the HUB left-side "peek" menu. You can control if notifications from anything appear in the HUB Messages List, but you cannot control the existence of an account on the peek menu.

Many of us are hoping for advancements around this in the future...e.g., sorting, grouping, suppression from the HUB Peek Menu, but for now such does not exist.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Tmobile