Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Can't Delete Music Info

I just got a 9800 Torch and am using OS 6.  After experimenting with the Media-Sync and Wi-Fi Options,I decided to go old school and enter my music via USB. 
Before I started this, I wanted to remove the files that were added by syncing as all my music was duplicated 2 or 3 times - I think the files were loading onto my Device Card and my Media Card.
I have scoured all the media areas on both cards both from the BB and via my desktop (for hidden files); I even re-formatted both cards.
The challenge I'm having is that one file will not delete completely.  The actual MP3 is gone, but on the Music Screen the following data in the "Artists" "Albums" and "Genres" Folders:

(Unknown)
Artist Name
(unknown)
1 Song

Does anyone know where I might be able to find this info and how to delete it?

Thanks in advance

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't Delete Music Info

Hello Mercury7077 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Are you able to click into the song? Does it give you any error when you try?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't Delete Music Info

Hi HM

For some reason, songs were being displayed twice in my Music Folder

If I deleted one of the entries the second entry would still be present.  When I  tried to play the remaining selection, the song would prompt in the player but it would not play.

I experimented with deleting the files from the playlists as well as directly from various locations on the media card

I changed from using Windows Media Player to Media Monkey and I think that hes prevented the issue, but I hvaen't had a lot of time to work on it lately

I willpost more when I have had more timeto experiment