Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Many
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Can't Download Blackberry Desktop Manager 7.0.0.43

Hey I'm a rep for Telus Mobility and I sent my client to download Blackberry Desktop Manager 7.0.0.43 and all she could find is v6.1. It was released in February, all our work computers have it. But when I scour the web all the links are to BB's site and all that's on BB's site is v6.1.

And for the trolls out there that will give me a completely useless and asinine response... I go here:

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp?lid=us:bbSmiley FrustratedoftwareSmiley Very HappyesktopSoftwareSmiley TongueC&lpos=u...Smiley Frustrated

Clicking the Download it Today button on the top or bottom the page leads me to:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

Which is a download page for:

Download Details
Software Name:Desktop Software v6.1.0 B38 (Multilanguage)
File Name:610_b038_multilanguage.exe
Download Size:117 MB
Published Date:02/17/2012

I need her to be able to wipe the phone and do a clean install of the OS, 6.1 does not allow this 7.0.0.43 does. I direct many clients a week to Google and download the latest version, I am floored to find BB not having the latest version available anymore.

Just for reference, while running v6.1 and clicking check for updates, says that v6.1 is up to date. Funny, so does mine running 7.0.0.43.

Thanks for your helpful and thoughtful responses!

Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Can't Download Blackberry Desktop Manager 7.0.0.43

There is no such version release as Blackberry Desktop 7 its in progress and it will be released soon as much I know and I think you're concern about Phone's OS version?
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick response although not very helpful. If you google the subject you will see many responses about this being released already. Such as this post:

http://www.berryreview.com/2012/02/14/blackberry-desktop-software-v7-0-b44-officially-released-for-p...

Just reading the url makes me think that it might actually be released... Smiley Happy

As you can see below, all of our work computers have 7.0.0.43.

Now why can't I download it anymore.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just thought I would answer my own question as I go through my history. Looks like BB fixed the download page to be 7.0 eventually. Funny how hard it is to actually contact someone at RIM.