Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

Can't Enable BlackBerry Device Analyzer on 9850

According to this knowledge Base technote, you can enable Device Analyzer by pressing ALT and typing BBDA in the Options screen.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB31922&sliceId=2&cm...

On My Verizon Torch 9850 running 7.1.0.163, can't find it, but without an ALT key, not sure how to activate it.

I do see it in Application Management though, just can't find a way to enable it.

John Hanks
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Can't Enable BlackBerry Device Analyzer on 9850

The application will appear under Options >Device >Advance System settings >BlackBerry Device Analyzer

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Forums Veteran I

While in Options, press menu and choose Show Keyboard. On the ON]n-Screen Keyboard, press the &%123 button on the lower left corner. It serves as the ALT key on full touch phones.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Not on mine.  I've attached a screen shot.

s12_07_04__22_19_31.jpg

John Hanks
Forums Veteran I

Are you done typing ALT+BBDA?

Trusted Contributor

I've tried it multiple times, in multiple screens.  In the Options Screen, when I activate the keyboard, it's in search mode.  I press &%123 and type ??5* and even try pressing Return.  Then I back out and look for Device Analyzer.  I also restarted.

I also went into Options->Device and press &%123 and type ??5* because in there, there's no Search bar.  Still no go.

Maybe it makes a difference that this phone is not currently activated.  It's a loaner/Backup phone - only WiFi right now.  I will have to check with another user I know that has the same phone.

John Hanks
Forums Veteran I

I don't think the OS 7.1 version that you have has a Blackberry Device Analyzer feature.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see it in Application Management.

According to the Knowledge Base article I referenced in the first post, sometimes it doesn't show up until you do the ALT-BBSA.

John Hanks
Trusted Contributor

I have the same exact OS version on my other Verizon BB, but it's a Bold 9930.

John Hanks
Forums Veteran I

jhanks64 wrote:

I see it in Application Management.

According to the Knowledge Base article I referenced in the first post, sometimes it doesn't show up until you do the ALT-BBSA.

it is ALT+BBDA on Options screen