Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Can't Pair My 8310 With Jabra 5050 Bluetooth Speakerphone

I have a Jabra 5050 Bluetooth Speakerphone that says it's compatible with the Blackberry 8310, but I can't pair them.  I've enabled Bluetooth on the Blackberry and set it to "discoverable," but every time I try to pair with (add) the speakerphone I get a message that the Blackberry can't pair with the device.  Any suggestions?
New Contributor

Re: Can't Pair My 8310 With Jabra 5050 Bluetooth Speakerphone

Have you checked the instructions for the Jabra? Most Bluetooth devices require you push a button on them before you try to pair them with.another device. I had a Jabra earpiece last year (different model than yours) and I had to press and hold one of the buttons 'til a red light came on, indicating pairing mode, before I could successfully pair it with my BackBerry. Also, the BlackBerry will ask you for a code. Most devices are 0000, but check your Jabra manuel to be sure.
Highlighted

Re: Can't Pair My 8310 With Jabra 5050 Bluetooth Speakerphone

Thanks for the response.  I did try activiting the Jabra so that the light was continuously blinking, and I still got the error message that the Blackberry was unable to pair with the device.  Also, that error message prevents me from entering the "0000" code, because it only gives me the choice of retrying to pair with the bluetooth device, and never gives me a dialog box that would allow me to enter the code.  Very frustrating!