Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom Mobile

Can't Power On

Hi BB users,

I'm really hoping someone is able to help me with my BB Torch 9800 which I just received in the mail.

I put in the battery and powered on the unit and it was able to power on and went through a brief  introduction demo of the unit. I then started to key in my personal information and went to plug in the charger. Next thing I know, the unit went blank and since then for the past 6 hours I've have not been able to power back on my unit. The charger does not have an issue. I have even tested using my sister's BB charger and it still does not power on.

Steps I have taken to reset it by taking out the battery etc., does not seem to work and there is not much help also online. I really hope someone here is able to provide me with some solutions/answers.

Thank you.

Mark

PS: Happy New Year all of you Smiley Very Happy

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Can't Power On

Hi Mark and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your new Torch.  I'm not sure what's wrong with it, but if you're not getting anything out of it and you've just received it, I'd be contacting the seller about it.  As long as you bought it from a carrier or from a big box store such as Best Buy, you should have no problem getting them to exchange it for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!