Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

CRS
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't Receive MMS messages on Bold

Blackberry Bold with V4.6 connected to BES.

I can send MMS messages however I can not receive anything.

I tried my sim in a nokia phone and can send and receive.

I have asked network provider to resend service books and this didnt fix anything.

Can this be something my Company can block in the BES policy?

Seems strange i can send??? wouldnt they block that also?

Please help......

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Can't Receive MMS messages on Bold

Hi,

Yes it is strange that you can send but not receive.

Ask your carrier if they have a Test MMS number.

In Australia you can send a blank MMS to 176MMS  and you receive a free MMS in reply with 4 pictures in it.

This is good to test that MMS is working ok.

I know that in order for MMS to work that you MUST have the WAP Browser working.

If your BES has barred WAP then it will prevent MMS from working.

It is strange though that you can send as this would seem to not work either.

Still, There are settings on the BES for EVERYTHING, so I wouldnt be surprised.

Call your BES Admin and get them to look at the IT Policy:

- Not barred from MMS receiving or sending

- Not barred from WAP browsing

You are right that if the SIM works in another phone then it is a BB issue. But as your BES enabled, the BES IT policy will restrict you from doing anything.

PS: If you can get a Non BES activated BB (ie a brand new device only)  and test it then you can confirm that it is the IT policy preventing the MMs from working!

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
My Device: Not Specified

This worked for me after hours and hours of trying to find the right thing! I hope it helps!

Go to Settings -> Options -> Advanced Options -> Browser Push and make sure Enable Push, Enable MDS Push and Enable WAP Push are checked.
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

On some carriers you can't have MMS function without having Data Plan because they may have to send you the Service books needed for the MMS I know that MMS has nothing to do with the Blackberry plan but MMS need service books which your carrier may not be able to send without the Blackberry Plan,

So call you carrier and ask it for the MMS service books
Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

OK! You, "kmcordell" are a life-saver!!! I wasn't even registered at this site, but due to your simple, quick solution for this issue I have been dealing with for months, taking hours of my time to talk to "technical support" on the phone and going to Local Retailers for and YOU having fixed my issue, I registered just to reply to your posting! Do you work for a cell phone provider or in technical support? If not, I'm sure ATT would give you a job since the last 10 people I have talked to with their company could not resolve my issue. I even went as far as ordering a new phone, just this morning actually, and now thanks to you get to cancel that shipment and waste of money.  Besides, I don't want to committ to another 2 year contract with a company that can't fix my issue nor even offer a simple credit for all of the headache with no answer or resolution.  I definately love my Bold but could not understand why, every since I've had the phone, I could not receive picture messages. Thanks to you I just received my first MMS on my BB Bold 9700((that I've had for a year))!!!!

Thank you!!!