Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Can't Set-up email on Torch

I go to setup and then email accounts, then choose Internet mail account -it goes straight to existing users asking for user name and password.

There is no list of email providers.

I have tried logging on using a previous user and password but I get a message saying that it isn't valid or that the user name needs to be at least 4 characters- my user name is 6 characters.

Any ideas?

My Device: Torch

Re: Can't Set-up email on Torch

hi...i am facing the same problem..
Super Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Welcome to the forums!

You need to go to your carriers BIS webpage in order to create/setup your email account for your phone.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-BlackBerry-8300/How-to-setup-BIS-accounts/m-...

----------------------
"Cats may taste like chicken, but they have more bones than rabbits."

Blackberry 101
Tips & Tricks
Videos to learn from on youtube
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I recently changed my password on my Hotmail account. Blackberry then sent me a message prompting me to change the password in my email setup section of my Blackberry Torch.

When I went into the setup section --> email accounts --> Internet email account , my Torch prompted me to update to the latest version of the email setup application. I clicked "ok" and then it asked me if I wanted to download it now. I clicked "Yes".

The download started, but then froze (and I did not get out of the network nor WIFI ranges). The BB Torch then prompted a message saying that it failed downloading the application.

I tried going back inside, and every time I would click on "Internet email account", it wouldn't do anything.I then tried (for testing purposes) to go into enterprise account, and it would go into the section.

So I tried a soft reboot. It didn't fix it. I then tried a hard reboot, it also didn't fix it.

What can I do?

Please help.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Proximus

hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

Anyone a solution for this ?

Thanks in advance

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Crimino,

I posted the same message but on a different location on the support forum. You can follow up with the entire issue over here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-Mac/Desktop-Manager-Clean-Reload-for-Mac...

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers and good luck!
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Proximus

Thanks guanche01.

I wiped the Torch using BBSAK until I got error 507.
Then used the BB Desktop Software to 'update' my devicesoftware.

I could then "upgrade" to Platform Version: 6.6.0.216
BlackBerry Version: 6.0.0.576. (Which I couldn't do before - stuck @ Platform Version: 6.4.0.142,BlackBerry Version: 6.0.0.337)

After this i tried the setup other emailaccount. This time i got a demand to update the email-setup-program to another (higher) version.

Problem solved: installation went smoothly.

Thanx !
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: claro

what if my carrier is not in the list

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

I have a similar problem. I changed device, and doing the device swop on my desktop manager left me with emails I receive on my blackberry, but no icons indicating my email addresses. I tried the solutions, and when I click on Launch Email Set up, it tells me my device is not registerd on my netword (South Africa). I have registered my device with the Host optiosn, have received all the confirmations that my device is registered, but I cannot send mails from my blackberry. It tells me I have no message options set up. I took it to a Vodacom 3 G shop and they told me I had to pay to have Email software loaded onto my Blackberry. If I did not have the software, how is it possible for me to stillreceive my mails on all 4 accounts? When they checked they could see all 4 accounts validated, I am just not able to send mails. The email account set up button is also completely non-functional. it wont allow me to progress.

Pleae help

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange Moldova

But can you acces the BES section from e-mail accounts?