Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't Sync Bold 9930 with Outlook 2010 on Windows XP

Can't Sync new Bold 9930 with Outlook 2010 on XP PC

Something's fishy... Loaded latest desktop mgr. (6.1) Backup and Restore work fine. Loaded lastest apps. When trying to configure synch, get "unkown error" message box, plus get the following error msgs: 

---The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

----Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package “BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi” in the box below

----“Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.3. The Windows Installer      cannot continue.”

Another oddity- Found that old 4.3 desktop mgr still in my pgms. Tried to uninstall. Got following error msg:

----“Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\BlackBerry             Desktop Software.msi”

One last clue:  I got the same "unknown error" message recently when trying to sync my Bold 9650 withthe 4.3 desktop software. 

Any thoughts?  

Thank you!  

Peter

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Can't Sync Bold 9930 with Outlook 2010 on Windows XP

Hi nprguy,

It sounds like an earlier version of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software installed on your PC may be conflicting with this installation. 

I would advise uninstalling both versions of the BlackBerry Desktop Software then reinstalling the latest version.

The following KB articles should provide more information on the issue.

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" when uninstalling BlackBerry Desktop Manager www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10220

"Error 1316" InstallShield error is encountered when uninstalling or upgrading the BlackBerry Desktop Software

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04272

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't Sync Bold 9930 with Outlook 2010 on Windows XP

Thanks, Frankie S.,

I too was thinking I should try to uninstall the v4.3 desktop manager that's till on my PC. Unfortunately the software will not uninstall- it gets to a certain point in the process, then shows and error and backs out. I tried cleaning up my registry with System Mechanic to no avail. I'm out of the office this week but will try to recreate the problem when I return and advise the forum of the exact error message I get when trying to uninstall v4.3.

Thanks very much for your reply!

Peter