Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: wlduke

Can't Sync Device with Gmail Account

I have a good Gmail account with lots of contacts and calendar entries. My device had been synched with this account until this morning when I did a restore from a date prior to having set up the gmail account. I added the gmail account back to the Torch after the restore, and the mail is functioning fine. But the contacts and calendar are not synching between the Torch and the gmail account. Please help. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Can't Sync Device with Gmail Account

Hello Wlduke,

Navigate to Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account, Select the Gmail® address, press the menu button and select Edit, disable Contacts and Calendar.

Then go into the device Options, Device, Advanced system settings, Service Books, delete the Gmail® service books.

Now Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account, Select the Gmail® address, press the menu button and select Edit and enable the Contacts and Calendar and update your service books.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: 01179733848

Done all that twice but still no calendar or contacts syncing.  Any further suggestions please.  It was all working until it went into a bootup loop and had to be restarted at the phone shop b an engineer.

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Hi..

Go to options>advanced options>default services.

CICAL and CMIME should match your main email account.

What does it list for Synchronization?

Now open contacts>menu key>options what name does it show for your contact list..

After this hard reset the device and check .. 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Contributor

Sorry but options>advanced options doesn't exist

Contributor

Contacts options list   Contact Display and Actions,   Recent Activities,  AT&T address book and under Contact Lists it has  Default

Keith

Contributor

This path doesn't exist

Contributor

Found these settings.  Contact list is default and Chime and other is set to my gmail address

Contributor

It's optiond>device>advaqnced system settings>default services/>calendar and messaging cical and cmime. However these are set to my gmail account as suggested .

It's still not syncing calendar and contacts.

one thing I notice is that in

setup/>email accounts> edit  > the sync options where calendar and contacts are ticked, there is sometimes a greyed out line at the bottom  called "turn on wireless sync "  It has a question mark beside it but no info or actions available.  Is this a clue?  Keith

Contributor

It's optiond>device>advanced system settings>default services/>calendar and messaging cical and cmime. However these are set to my gmail account as suggested .

It's still not syncing calendar and contacts.

one thing I notice is that in

setup/>email accounts> edit  > the sync options where calendar and contacts are ticked, there is sometimes a greyed out line at the bottom  called "turn on wireless sync "  It has a question mark beside it but no info or actions available.  Is this a clue?  Keith