03-03-2012 12:34 PM
My company has recently moved email hosting to a new dedicated server (with Lunarpages - www.lunarpages.com).
We have normal, run-of-the-mill POP3 email accounts that can be accessed via any regular desktop mail client (Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.)
I set up one of these accounts successfully on my Torch 9800 last week and had no problems. Yesterday, I deleted that account to demonstrate to a co-worker how to add a new account, and I have been unable to add a new account using the same settings since.
This is not a carrier- or device-specific problem (I've tried on multiple carriers and multiple BB devices, all with no success), but it is a Blackberry-specific problem. It is limited to my dedicated server as well, not all servers hosted by Lunarpages.
I know that I am putting the correct settings in for account name, mail server, etc., because this previously worked on my Torch, and the same settings continue to work fine with other phones and mail clients.
I suspect there is some kind of disagreement between my server and BIS. Can anyone even suggest what the problem might be here, or even who I should talk to? My carrier can't help because it's not specific to them, and my server's provider Lunarpages is totally stumped. Please, any suggestions are welcome!
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-05-2012 02:07 PM
If anyone needs to know, http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?
However, NOT included on that list was 22.214.171.124/24, another RIM server, which I discovered this morning had been blocked by my server. That list was updated in late 2011 so I guess they've changed things since then. Anyway, once I unblocked that range, everything is now working.
03-05-2012 07:25 PM
I would suggest clicking Options beside your post with the solution in it and marking the thread as Solved. That way, others with a similar situation can easily find your solution.
Your co-operation is appreciated.
10-18-2012 10:07 AM
I had to unblock the IP address listed above from my server's firewall (as well as others listed by RIM somewhere in their help section) for this to work.
In the end, (my server uses cPanel), we just disabled the cpHulk Brute Force Protection system. So many people in my company were trying to set up their BlackBerry for the first time and were using incorrect/typo'd login credentials that the cpHulk thought it was being attacked by the RIM servers, so it blacklisted them for a 15-day period. If you have control over your server, you may want to look at this. If you don't, perhaps you should suggest this as a possible problem to your server administrator.
10-18-2012 10:13 AM
10-18-2012 10:16 AM
10-18-2012 10:59 AM
many thanks to your suggestion. I am in Dubai, so due to time difference was unable to contact them. Got the solution over the phone.
Its working now